Northside Christian School
Mustang Volunteer Program (MVP)
Mission Statement: The Northside Christian School Mustang Volunteer Program (MVP) will provide support and foster school spirit for Northside Christian School through service, encouragement and prayer.
Purpose: The MVP exists to nurture relationships between families, faculty and school administration. The objective of the NCS MVP is to promote Christian education; to assist in improving programs and to create meaningful fellowship among all parents, teachers and students.
Members: Parents and grandparents of Northside Christian School students are invited to serve on one or more of the following committees. (Background checks are required when working with students.)
- Classroom Volunteers: Parents can volunteer in their own child’s classroom or in Kindergarten and 1st grade classrooms by listening to students read or running a learning center during reading/writing workshop.
- Hospitality/Encouragement Committee: Volunteers on this committee will encourage teachers and school families during a time of need. Opportunities may include providing meals during illnesses and bereavement periods. The committee may occasionally coordinate teacher encouragement treats for all teacher workrooms.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: The purpose of this committee is to honor teachers throughout Teacher Appreciation Week held every spring. Opportunities may include organizing small gifts, thank-you notes, and the annual Appreciation Luncheon.
- School Spirit Committee: This committee will assist the administration in helping create and support school spirit, enthusiasm, and loyalty. Opportunities may include helping during Homecoming Week, Track and Field Day, or at other student events.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Parents may help in the school store, the cafeteria, library, or in Junior Mustangs sports.