Paradise Aftercare Information
Preschool - 8th grade
Paradise Aftercare 2019 - 2020
We are happy to host a safe and fun environment for NCS children to enjoy after school on all regular days of school.
- Parents of students in grades PK - 6th grade that need to attend aftercare MUST inform the regular classroom teacher of their child's aftercare needs.
- Teachers will bring all aftercare students to the designated check in area, typically during carline.
- At 3:15 pm, any students still remaining on campus will be signed into Aftercare.
- 7th and 8th graders can just "show up" as needed (MS Aftercare will be based out of the HS cafe this year).
- Students are not permitted to wander the campus or wait in undesignated areas unsupervised.
Hours of Operation:
- 3 pm – 6 pm on all regular days of school for PK - 5th grades; 3:15 pm - 6 pm for 6th - 8th grades.
- 11:30 am - 6 pm on half days of school (for PK - grade 6 students only)
- There is a free grace period for picking up your child that ends at 3:29 p.m.
- At 3:30 pm, any part-time students checked into our program at 3:30 pm, will receive one flat rate of $2.50, with $2.50 being charged every 15 minutes after that ($2.50/quarter hour, rounded up to next quarter hour).
- Any student picked up after 6 pm will be charged $1 per minute, for every minute late. Due upon arrival.
- See the Aftercare Calendar for half-day and in-service schedules.
Aftercare fees are maintained and charged through a system separate from regular tuition accounts (Kinderlime). There are two payment options.
- Full-Time Annual Payment – $1,400 - This is the most economical option if your child will be attending Aftercare more than 14 hours a month. This rate is discounted over 75% off the hourly rate. You may choose to pay in full or have 10 equal payments automatically deducted on the 10th of every month (August 2019 – May 2020). This option gives parents full access to aftercare. Anytime the doors are open, your child is welcome to attend.
- Part-Time Hourly Rate – $10 per hour with the actual time will be calculated once a month and rounded up to the nearest quarter hour. Payments will be automatically deducted on the 10th of every month (September 2019 – June 2020) for each previous month’s charges. Accounts must be current as of May 15th, 2020, to participate in end of the year activities, with one final payment coming out on June 10th, 2020. Statements will be posted to the student’s Kinderlime account one week in advance of the automatic deductions. This plan is best for students that only need Aftercare a few hours a month. If your child will be attending Aftercare for more than 14 hours a month, then it is highly recommended to choose the full-time option.
- All NCS PK - grade 8 students are automatically registered for Aftercare; however, parents must select either part-time or full-time aftercare at: https://nck12.campbrainregistration.com/
- Once the registration is complete at the above link, parents must then go and set up payment arrangements in the Kinderlime app.
- While there, please be sure to add in ALL important information like authorized pick-ups, medical conditions, add/update parent and emergency contact information, etc.
- NEW FAMILIES will receive and invite for the Kinderlime App invite, once an aftercare registration is received from the link above.
- Changing from part-time to full-time or vice versa is only allowed through September 2019, except for major life changes (loss of job, new job, etc.)
- For questions regarding aftercare contact Heather Bay at 727-647-0349 or email@example.com.
A few notes on Kinderlime...
We use a software program called Kinderlime, that will allow us to do the checking in and out of students electronically, along with processing all of our enrollment fees for Aftercare. Here are a few more things the app allows us to do:
- All authorized pick-ups will receive a pin number for picking up.
- Please note that ID is still required for pick up.
- Parents will receive an invite to create an individualized account either online or via the app.
- Parents can then update medical information, pick-up authorizations, view billing information and more directly through the app or online site.
- If you authorize “notifications” via the app, you will also receive updates on your child’s actual location in our program and other pertinent information.
- If you turn “off” notifications, you can still see that information by simply opening the app.
- Messages can be sent to and from aftercare staff and parents via the app, along with incident reports, pictures and more!
Elementary Aftercare (K – 5th grades)
Aftercare students will rotate around to the playground and an assigned classroom throughout the afternoon.
Our highly qualified and loving Aftercare workers have a list of exactly who is in their care at all times! This safety procedure gives a check and balance system to ensure the safety and whereabouts of your child at all times. We do have a strong emphasis on homework time for Grades 1 - 5, after a bit of play time. Parents may request additional homework time, as needed.
Middle School Aftercare (6th – 8th grades)
Middle School will be based out of the cafe this year. Students will have a short break after school for snack time and R & R and then will have a set time for homework and studying. Once the HW time is done, students will be allowed to rotate through both inside and outside activities. Please watch the Kinderlime app to find your child's exact location.
Please note: For the safety and well-being of our students, MS parents are expected to come in and sign out their children from our program, like all other parents.
Snack Shack and Free Snack
Students in grades PK - 8 will be given the opportunity to eat a snack each afternoon shortly after dismissal time. Students may bring their own snacks from home or eat a "free snack" that we provide. That usually consists of pretzels, saltines or animal crackers. Students in grades K - 8 may also purchase snacks at our “Snack Shack” where items are priced from $.25 to $2.00 each.
For students wanting to purchase snacks, parents must either send in funds via the Elementary Office or log into your online account to add money to your child's account. When dropping funds to the office, please place funds in an envelope and clearly mark with your child’s name and designate funds to “Paradise Snack Shack.” Any type of purchase parameters that parents wish their children to follow for snack time can then be noted there also. Click the link below to put money on your child's snack account:
Pick up Information
Only authorized persons may pick up students from Aftercare. New families or new pick-ups especially, should plan on showing ID when picking up their child from our program. If you need to add additional persons to your authorized list, please log into your Kinderlime app or on the Kinderlime website directly to add in your new authorized persons for pick-up. If you have any questions, please contact Heather Bay at firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell phone at (727) 647-0349 (text preferred).
Remember to check your Kinderlime app to check your child's exact location on our campus. If you get to a room that the app says your child is located in, and there are no children there, please allow for a few minutes of transition time. Also, please note, that the app works on wifi, so when the wifi is down, so is the app.
After School Activities
Students in after school activities must either be picked up for their activity from their classroom or from Aftercare, with the exception of 6 – 8th graders, which are allowed to walk to their on-campus activities unaccompanied. Once the activity is complete, students must be picked up immediately. Any student not picked up by the end of their activity will be signed into Aftercare and all fees will apply.
For questions regarding aftercare, contact Heather Bay at 727-647-0349 or email@example.com.