Academics at Northside Christian School
Characterized by college preparatory curricula, Northside has the ministry of equipping students with the necessary skills and content to help him/her realize their full God-given potential. The high academic expectations for the child set in a Christian environment enhance student learning.
In a society of constant change the curriculum and programs are designed to meet the changing needs of students. Programs such as the “Young Scholars” program at the elementary and the “Distinguished Scholars” program at the high school enable NCS to meet the unique needs of the academically talented. The Praxis program at the high school level is intended to give students with kinesthetic learning styles an environment in which to be successful.
Northside Christian School graduates have been accepted at state universities, private colleges and universities and military academies across the country.
Our Academic Goals:
- to provide a Christian education that strives for academic excellence, which will enable all to proceed to a level of higher learning or training to which they may aspire and of which they are capable,
- to inspire youth with a love for learning,
- to teach the basic foundations in language arts, foreign language, social sciences, mathematics, science, and the practical and fine arts,
- to teach critical thinking and problem solving skills,
- to teach good study habits,
- to promote character development, good citizenship and leadership