Paradise Aftercare for Preschool - 5th grade
Hello Northside Families!
My name is Bettie Mack and I am the Director for Paradise Camp and Aftercare. I taught at Northside for 5 years in the Preschool and previous to that I coordinated a mentor program with Pinellas County Schools. Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my husband and two sons creating adventures and lasting memories.
I have over a decade of experience working with children and there is one thing that I know for sure: we can learn so much from children about resilience. Therefore, it is my honor and a privilege to have this responsibility coming out of the momentous world events of the last few years.
The plan for Aftercare has three main ideas:
🌴 Transition From School: Homework is completed directly after snack and play break. The goal is to nurture and guide the children through a comfortable transition.
🌴 Transition To Aftercare: Children enjoy fun, themed, play time for laughter and learning! The goal is to allow children to just BE happy being children.
🌴 Transition To Home: The goal is to give parents more family time at home with homework already completed.
2022-23 Aftercare Details for Preschool - 5th grade:
- All students NOT ENROLLED in aftercare must be picked up through the carline by 3:15 pm.
- Students are not permitted to wander the campus or wait in undesignated areas unsupervised.
- ALL students must be enrolled through CampBrain and paid through SMART. (https://nck12.campbrainregistration.com/)
Hours of Operation:
- 2:45-5:30 pm – pm on all regular days of school for Preschool - 5th grades.
- 11:45 am - 5:30 pm on half days of school for Full-time Aftercare students only.
- See the Aftercare Calendar for details on our official openings and closings.
Full Access Aftercare Rates:
- $265 a month per child (August-May).
- The discounted sibling rate is $185 per month for each sibling.
- Payments are based on the total weeks in the school year.
- Full-time Aftercare gives parents full access to Aftercare. Anytime the doors are open, your child is welcome to attend. There is no drop in the rate. Any student picked up after 5:30pm will be charged $20 every 1 - 15 minutes late.
- Fees are NOT prorated and are non-refundable.
- Aftercare fees will be billed monthly through SMART with your regular tuition payment.